Arai GP-J3 Composite Open Face - SA2020 Helmet
The Arai GP-J3 is another representation of Arai's pursuit of comfort and function in one attractive package whose simplicity and smooth lines belie the complex energy-management system within. The updated and improved shell shape and construction incorporate extended facial coverage with sculpted "FCS" cheek pads for improved support and comfort. The same care and attention that Arai puts into every helmet can be found in the details of the GP-J3 open-face series. The interior fit is typical Arai, benefiting from over 50 years of research and refinement, and resulting in a helmet that more closely matches the shape of the human head. The fit is close but remarkably comfortable, allowing for the smallest possible helmet to be worn for maximum protection. Meets Snell SA2020 & FIA 8859-2015 standards.
- ADJUSTABLE PEAK - GP-J3 has an adjustable peak that combines the adjustability of the previous Jet/f with the classic rounded styling of a more traditional vintage design. The peak also includes easily-removable/replaceable light tint anti-glare lens.
- CHEEK PADS AND THE COMFORT HEAD LINER - Removable and replaceable with optional pads of various thicknesses for a more custom fit, as well as allowing for more frequent, and more thorough, cleaning when needed.
- VENTILATION - The GP-J3 has four top vents, giving the Jet series its first-ever ventilation system.
- M6 ANCHOR TYPE - Integrated seats to accommodate a variety of Head and Neck Restraint devices. Pre-Installed M6 threaded washer/nut, with 6mm threads, to accept a variety of anchors systems for variety of Head and Neck Restraint devices and make installation much easier for people not familiar with such installations. Flat surface area around the mounting nut to allow the anchor post base to rest flush with the helmet surface around the entire perimeter of the anchor base. FIA-8859-2015 certification sticker applied to the interior liner material.
- LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY - Combined with its legendary comfort and fit, Arai concentrates on balance and a lower center of gravity. All too often, people concentrate more on the weight of a helmet instead of how that weight is distributed over the entire helmet. A lower center of gravity causes less fatigue and feels lighter on the wearers head over a full track session.