Schroth Right Side Net
SCHROTH offers this high quality Right Side Driver's Net for the best in driver safety. Attaches to the cage of your race car. Made of polyester, these nets will last longer than competitor's nylon nets - Polyester is not as susceptible to UV degradation over time.
We view Right Side Nets (also called "Cage Nets") as a mandatory piece of safety equipment. In an impact, the body moves forward 6-8 inches. This is normal and quite necessary because to prevent injury, the harnesses stretch to decelerate the body. If you are in an offset impact (an impact that is not straight on) there are high lateral forces that will move you side to side. If you do not have a Right Side Net, it is very easy for the body to wrap around the side of the seat when the harnesses have stretched.
A Right Side Net prevents this by guiding your head and shoulders back into the seat keeping you from painful injury.
Please note, this used to be an SFI rated product, but is now FIA.
- The nets are tested with a DYNAMIC load so it more accurately represents the real world.
- Read carefully the section about installing the net in the car. The FIA requires that 2 vertical sections are in contact with the seat back to provide support. Schroth has added additional vertical sections to the FIA net so the 2 nets are not the same. Also make note of the angles involved in the installation.
- The FIA recommends that a net be installed on either side of the seat for driver restraint, the FIA does not view the exterior net as adequate for restraining the driver, they would like to see two interior nets whenever possible. Tudor series currently enforces this and mandates two interior nets as well as a window net.
- The FIA requires that the net be mount with the horizontal sections of webbing on the inside by the driver so the drivers helmet has a smooth surface to slide down in an accident. On Schroth nets this can be accomplished on both sides just be flipping the net over.
- The FIA requires that the quick release button be capable of being released under load which is way Schroth developed the new style quick-release. The ratchet strap has been removed from the net due to its inability to withstand the dynamic load, same for the metal clasp on previous nets. The new quick-release is lighter and safer than previous versions.
Ratings & Reviews
High quality product. Install instructions were clear which allowed for an easy install.