Techniche Self-Contained Cooling Vest - No Wires or Tanks!
NOTE: All vests now shipping in black only.
Drivers of track-day cars, formula cars or sports racers often do not have sufficient room in the cockpit for the box of a cooling system. Or you may be a driver or instructor who sometimes finds himself/herself in cars owned by others. These drivers can still stay cool with a self-contained cooling system. Self-contained systems consist of a vest that holds multiple cooling packs front and back – there is no box or plumbing and no electrical hookup. The cooling packs, which stay cold for up to three hours per use, contain a special fluid that freezes at 58 degrees F. That temperature is more comfortable against the skin than 32 degrees F and also allows quick refreezing by plunging into a cooler between sessions. We've tried these systems and the comfort level is surprisingly good because the "ice" packs conform to your body as they get slushy.
- Front zipper w/mesh ventilation panels and scoop neck
- Comfortable, quilted nylon outer with HyperKewlTM fabric inner, water-repellant nylon liner, and black cotton-poly elastic trim
- Hybrid cooling solution for ultimate relief: Evaporative Cooling HyperKewlTM fabric provides 5-10 hours of cooling relief per soaking; Phase Change Cooling Inserts maintain a comfortable 58 degrees F (14 degrees C) for up to 3 hours
- Include one (1) set of Cool PaxTM Phase Change Cooling Military Vest Inserts (7065 w/velcro)
- XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL